Subject: Re: Amiga & PC PAR
From: Manuel Coats <[email-masked]>
To: Ivan Moen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 May 1995 21:44:26 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 2 May 1995, Ivan Moen wrote:

> 
> How compatible are the PC and Amiga PAR?
> Can I copy the PAR animation's from the Amiga to the PC PAR?
> If I move the HardDisk from the Amiga PAR to the PC PAR will
> my animation's be lost?
> 
> Ivan Moen

Yes you can move the HD over to the PC and use it with a PC PAR.  I did 
it myself.  One problem though that you are bound to run into is the file 
names.  Make sure you name all the files and directories on the amiga PAR 
with 8 characters or less.  THen when you have hooked it up to your PC, 
Optimize the drive using the PAR software, otherwise you are bound to run 
into problems if your drive is already more than half full, atleast I 
did.  You won't be able to delete the files that were created on your 
amiga either, atleast not until you rename it under the PC PAR software. 

Manny